So we finally have a blog! (After being asked over and over again to make one!) ;) For those of you who don't know, here's a little bit about our Benjamin Isaiah!
He's a little trickster!
*I threw up everyday, all day until week 18
*Most thought he was a girl until ultrasound proved us wrong!
*We were pretty set on the name Travis Paul, then realized he was so not a Travis
*Benjamin dropped and put me into early labor at 33 weeks (The day his papa left for India on a medical missions trip!)
*We thought he would be late but...I was dilated to 3 and 100 percent effaced until 39 weeks when they induced
*As they induced, Benjamin hid behind my cervix causing me to back track and become 70 percent effaced!
*Everyone thought labor would go quickly...I went to the hospital at 6 am (but was given pitocin at 7)...he was born at 7:58 pm (13 hours after the induction!)
*Nurses said first time moms push about two hours (I did a "practice push" and he pretty much crowned) I pushed 3 more times and he was born!
*I thought he'd have a hard time gaining weight as Zach was 5 pounds at birth and I had a hard time gaining weight as a child...he was supposed to go back up to his birth weight by 2 weeks...he was past it by day 4!
Benjamin Isaiah Colwell was born April 7th, 2010.
He weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces.
He was 18 3/4 inches long
He didn't have a cone head (since he decided he would just come right out!) and was/is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. The love we feel for him is a love we have never felt before. God brought so many people so much joy through Benjamin's journey into the world and we are so thankful God has trusted us with this little boy. He is now 7 weeks old and weighs 11 pounds 1 ounce. He is growing up so fast that we hold him as much as possible, stare at him all the time, and....we sleep with him every night (Yep..he's spoiled like his cousin J!) ;) We love this little guy and are so blessed by him being a part of our little family! <3
I'm so glad that you got a blog!!! Now we need to get Jaz to do one too! And Benjamin and Hailee way the same! They are going to make such a cute couple!!
ReplyDeleteI love him!!! :) oh and you and Zach too!!
ReplyDelete